Blog #3: The Day Everything Changed

It has been a few weeks since posting.   Easter was busy and life has been non stop.   My last post talked about my finding out about my breast cancer.  I must stress again that anyone that thinks something is wrong, with their body, must advocate and push for answers.  

So, it is January 5, 2022 and I am heading to my ultrasound appointment.   I call my husband who was headed to a very important business meeting and he asked if he should come with me.  I assure him that this appointment is just routine and that I would call him when done.   I told him they said 15 minutes.   Boy was I wrong!   

I arrived at the imaging center and was ushered in by the nicest people.  The ultrasound tech started my exam by saying, "what are your symptoms?"  I told her and again.....it is stated....."well at least cancer doesn't hurt!"   I was watching her as she started my exam....her eyes and face went from smiling to concerned.   She said "how long since your last mammogram?'" I told her last April.  She called in another person and then a lady from the town I live in walked in, I didn't know she worked there.   She was head of the department and proved to be the first angel I encountered.   She looked at the ultrasound and said come on you are going to get a mammogram.   I told them it had not been a year and insurance would not approve it.   She said, "insurance would definitely pay for this!"   I still did not understand what was happening.   I got the mammogram and was sent back for another ultrasound.   After the 2nd ultrasound I asked "what was going on?"  They said can you stay and speak to the Dr.?  Sure, of course!!   I grabbed my phone over their concerned looks and asked if I should be worried.   "I work in a healthcare teaching academy and I knew the vibe in the room has changed"  One lady stated they did not know, wait on the Dr, but she did say, "something was not right. "  

The next series of events prove to me that God works his hand in all situations.   The dr. came in and said he would like to do a biopsy on a pretty significant mass he sees.   However the next opening was in 2 weeks.  As he is telling me my "new friend, my angel" comes in and tells him his appointment for that morning, in 10 minutes, which was also a biopsy, had to cancel because they let their insurance lapse.   The room was set up for a biopsy and I needed a biopsy so why can't he do the biopsy immediately on me???   He agreed and I was immediately biopsied.   This is not something that EVER happens, I heard them say.... I truly feel that God had his hand on me and the Drs.  Everything fell into place.

After this, I called my husband. He was about to enter his meeting.  He was concerned and wanted to know what was going on.  All I told him was there is something, they just did a biopsy but we don't know what is going on.... I told him go kill it in your meeting, I won't know anything for a few days.   I dressed and walked out of the room. I was scared and numb.  I have always been perfectly healthy, perfectly energetic, and perfectly positive about my health.   As I was leaving the office I saw "my friend".   I asked, what is going on?   She said it doesn't look good, we put a rush on your results......I knew something was wrong and I knew my "Practically Perfect" life was forever changed, broken and imperfect........

Comments